Wednesday, February 11, 2009

5 - 0

As of this morning, I have lost 50 lbs!

It feels great to have lost that much weight. I feel wonderful. I feel lighter. I have more energy and want to be more active.

My clothes fit great, mostly. I've had most of my clothes for a long time and wore them even though they were getting tighter as I gained weight. Now, they fit the way they were meant to, though even some of the clothes I've had for years are beginning to be too loose. For example, on Monday I wore a pair of black pants that I haven't been able to wear comfortably for over a year. Not only do they fit comfortably now, they're bordering on being too baggy - especially in the legs. Woohoo! Some of my more recent clothes purchases are too big - sob - my favorite blue shirt! I still wear them but probably not for much longer.

At my support group last week, one of the things mentioned was finding non-food ways to reward ourselves for doing well. I've been thinking about ways and have decided that to celebrate losing 50 lbs, I'm going to buy myself jewelry. A necklace, specifically. Maybe this weekend my cousins won't mind going shopping with me to pick something out! I'm not thinking something terribly expensive, but not really something you'd get at Walmart, either. I'm excited! I've discovered that I quite like jewelry, particularly necklaces, and I wear one almost every day.

After this, I'm going to buy myself flowers for every 10 lbs I lose. Just a little arrangement from Albertson's to put on my kitchen table or in my office. I like flowers even more than necklaces. They are so cheerful.

When I've lost another 25 lbs, I'm going to get a manicure/pedicure. I'm still not sure I'll like a pedicure, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I'm still working out the details for when I've lost 100 lbs and for when I've reached my "goal weight". Maybe more jewelry or a party or something. Fortunately, I don't have to know right away.

Thank you, everyone, for being so supportive! It has really been helpful to know that there are people who care about me and want me to be healthy and happy. You guys rock!


P.S. I had planned on posting a picture of me at this point, but it'll have to wait a bit. I don't have a picture of me! I'll work on getting a current picture to post a.s.a.p.

8 comments:

Cardine said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome! I really think it's cool that you're enjoying your bike, too. To me, I am jealous of that. I don't really enjoy running or biking or anything. You are blessed.

Mellissa said...

Big congratulations! That is really exciting for you! Good luck shopping for a necklace. That seems like a great reward, something pretty to add to the way you're starting to feel about yourself.

Melissa said...

Way to Go! I totally agree that you need to reward yourself for losing so much and then as you continue to lose weight. It is really motivating to see you do so well. Makes me want to get off my butt and workout. Oh wait it is snowing outside, maybe another day! Have a fun weekend, with your cousins!

Cassie said...

That is so great! I'm so proud of you. I love those reward ideas. I should totally incorporate those into my losing weight regime. I probably won't be able to reward myself this month but oh well. There is always next month.

Framed said...

I have found some really great looking necklaces at Dress Barn that aren't too expensive. I am so impressed. 50 pounds -- what a milestone.

Anonymous said...

Yea! 50!

Okay... this is NOT a joke. The word verification that I have to type in order to leave this comment is "unfaturr". I kid you not.

Lori Clark said...

The reward I'm planning on getting myself when I get to my current goal is a new temple dress. I have had mine 9 years now and I'm getting a little tired of it. I thought that was a good reward - otherwise I might never bring myself to get a new one - I have a hard time replacing things that are really perfectly good.

Jennifer said...

I LOVED the 50 lb mark! My favorite mark though, has been getting under 200 lbs. WOW...that felt good. I haven't had a fill since November (my one year date) and my weight loss has SLOWED down a lot. You just keep doing what you are doing. It's a daily battle. I know you can do it. Keep me posted...(I know I know...I need to update mine.) :)