Friday, June 5, 2009

90 Gone...Still Losing

Yesterday morning, I hit the 90-lb mark!

It feels almost beyond belief that I've lost that much weight. If my clothes didn't fit so poorly (even my new pants and shorts are too big), I'm not sure I'd believe that I weigh 90 lbs less than I did five months ago. Except for the fact that I feel tons better than I did 5 months ago, too.

I keep discovering things I can do again after not being able to for many, many years. Case in point, I can now bend my knee and hold my ankle so my foot is near my bum. It used to be one of my favorite stretches but I haven't been able to do it for years. Last weekend, I did a cartwheel. Michelle, the only witness to this event, would laugh at my liberal use of the word, but it was a cartwheel! Not the most graceful of cartwheels, but a cartwheel nonetheless. My body's reaction: Holy cow! You haven't moved me like this for 20+ years! I know, body, I know.

My coworker asked me today what I'm doing to celebrate 90 lbs. I told her "Nothing since I spent so much money on 70, 75, and 80", but I realized that's a bit of an untruth. Tomorrow, I'm getting my highlights touched up and sometime this weekend, I'm going to try to buy jeans that don't fall to my ankles when I take a step. (Woohoo for jeans that have become too too large!!) So, I guess those can count as my rewards for 90 lbs. Really, though, I'm saving my energy for the big celebration hopefully coming up in the next few weeks - 100 lbs!!!!

Crazy.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That is GREAT! I am so proud that you have lost all that weight, it is a HUGE accomplishment! Way TO GO!

Framed said...

You are an inspiration. I can't wait to see the new you.

Lori Clark said...

Wow - that is great!

I can't believe you did a cartwheel. I don't dare try one, I think I would break my arm or something. Jael kept asking me how to do a cartwheel. I finally enrolled her in a tumlbing class, and Wedensday she finally learned how to do it.

Mellissa said...

That is great! Like Melissa said, you are inspiring.

I haven't done a cartwheel in years either. My body would probably sue for damages if I tried.

Congratulations! Enjoy your day, and good luck buying pants!

Booklogged said...

Wow! Ninety pounds is awesome! I'm so excited for you.

Adam said...

That's amazingly wonderful! Congratulations!

tearese said...

That is amazing, good job on doing so much!