Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Very BIG Small Success #8

I feel like I'm falling behind in my blogging.

I mean, there's no one saying how often I have to blog or anything, but there are a lot of things I want to blog about; my virtual route from December, for instance. However, there's no time. Life is so crazy busy right now that I barely have my head above water. Fortunately, all the stuff that is filling my life to the brim is all good stuff. I'm very blessed.

That said, I cannot let this current milestone pass by without mention:

Today, I hit 150 lbs lost!

I can't believe it! A year ago, the possibility of losing this much weight seemed like a distant dream. Now, I'm wearing a size 16 in pants and skirts and a Large in shirts. I haven't worn those sizes since high school! And, I'm in the best shape I've been in since high school - something that really helped when I was in Paris last week. I walked an average of 5 miles each day, basking in the wonderfulness that is Paris, and never felt sore or fatigued. Seriously, walking around is the best way to see a city, in my humble opinion. I climbed the 286 stairs at the Arc de Triomphe with minimal difficulty and bounded up my hotel stairs with none whatsoever. I felt wonderful!

Now, I'm just a bit away from achieving my next milestone...I'm sure I'll cry when I reach it. I'll keep you updated, you can be sure! Oh, and I'll try to get you a current picture. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip-Hip-Hooray!!! :D


*or should I say, "smaller-hips-hips-hooray!" ;)

Anonymous said...

Julie! That's AMAZING! I'm so SO happy for you! You've worked hard, and it's paying off! Congrats!

Kate Weber said...

So that last comment. Whoops. Really supposed to be from this account. Fail. (Hate youtube! I have like three different Google accounts and it signs me out here too.)

Again! Congrats! That's SO amazing!

Melissa said...

Way to go! That is such GREAT news!

Mellissa said...

Kudos on hitting 150 pounds lost! That is fantastic!

And Sarah...funny, funny! ;)

tearese said...

fyi- you're only one size bigger than me in pant size.
You're awesome!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hi, I came here from Tearese's blog.

Wow! Congratulations on the weight loss! And Paris? Oh my. Is there a Paris blog? I guess I'll go back and look.

Hey, really congratulations on doing so fantastically well at the shrinking act. I'm dieting too but I've a way to go to hit your goal.