Monday, November 2, 2009

Virtual Route 12

To be honest, I'm amazed sometimes how long I've lasted at recording my exercise. This virtual journey has really helped. Now, if only I could come up with something that motivates me to journal my food intake. Oh well. Here's my latest progress:


















And, because I didn't really accomplish anything "fun" this trip, here is a picture of the whole trip so far. You'll definitely have to click on the picture to do it justice.


















Stats:
Start date of this leg: 10.01.09
# of days traveled: 24
# of stationary days: 7
Miles traveled: 100.4
Hours on the road: 18.5
Calories burned: 9,217
Total miles traveled: 1054.8
Miles 'til NYC: 1301.8

Thoughts:
I definitely struggled this month. I accomplished just one of my goals from last month - traveling over 100 miles. I didn't even come close to my other goals; only exercised 8 mornings, only 3 days of exercising more than once, and missed 7 days. I'm glad that there's room for improvement, it gives me something to shoot for for next month.

Seriously, exercising in the morning has to become a priority! My evenings are so busy and promise to become even busier now that the holiday season is upon us. Plus, I'm a Pampered Chef consultant now - putting on cooking shows contributed to three of the days I missed because I didn't exercise the morning of the show. In order to wake up early enough to ride my bike, I have GOT to start going to bed earlier. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to break good habits? I remember when my lights were off by 11pm and I was consistently waking up at 6:30 to walk. Sigh. Those were the days. *smile*

On a positive note, I've started to run. I've wanted to run for years! I loved the idea of my whole body working so efficiently and smoothly, the wind blowing my hair. I sometimes wondered if the idea was better than the actual running would be since it had been so very long since the last time I had run (think middle school). So far, running is as good as I always dreamed it could be.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not talking about lengthy runs. I just run a little bit each time I go for a walk. So far, I haven't figured out the distance I'm able to run before stopping. However, I've noticed that I'm able to run a lot longer than I could at the beginning of the month. My legs feel so good after running, it makes me excited to run again! I have three running goals for the future:

1. Run once around the track without stopping.
2. Run a mile without stopping (4x around the track).
3. Run a 5k (3.2 miles) without stopping

I don't know when I'll accomplish these goals, but I'll definitely let you know when I do. In the meantime, I'm loving having something new to do. If only winter wasn't coming. I'm not looking forward to exercising indoors. Oh well.

Next Month's Goals:
1. Only miss 4 days and travel 100+ miles. Totally do-able if I exert enough effort.

2. Have 7 "two-a-days". This one is kind of tricky, but I really do believe I can accomplish it.

3. Exercise 15 times in the morning. I lowered the number of times, but it's still pretty lofty considering my current situation. I'm trying to shoot for the stars. *smile*

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

Great goals and good job on traveling so far. It's good you want to make exercising in the morning a priority but don't beat yourself up about it. Like you said, you have more room for goals. :) Running, huh? Only if I have a ball in my hands. :)

Fluffy said...

Hey Julie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I have been keeping up with the ton of blogs that I follow through Google Reader which tends to make it that I comment less and actually have a hard time remembering who belongs to which blog. That's important because I absolutely think the virtual route 'stuff' you are doing is fantastic! Who would have thought that by doing what you have been that you would be so far? Good job and so cool! I am interested in setting one up for myself and would love it if you can tell me where to go. BTW - I hope you are beating yourself up about the candy. Man, I just LOVE candy *sigh*. Which would be why I just try to stay away from it! Keep up the good work. Best wishes for continued success.
Fluffy

tearese said...

ugh, I've never been able to run, I just don't have the stamina. Plus, it alwys feels like allmy joints are getting jarred-collar bone, knees, ankles etc. And it hurts my sinuses or something in my face too.
Or maybe thats just because I don't do it enough?
Good on you for doing it at all!

Booklogged said...

I didn't realize you were a Pampered Chef consultant. How fun! I wish we lived closer so I could host a party for you.

Any day now you'll be in Lincoln. That's cool. You have really made good distance.