Friday, November 20, 2009

Do I Look Different?

Monday evening, I went to the university gym with some friends to play wallyball. I ran into my coworker's husband who I see on a fairly regular basis, though it had been a few weeks since the last time. We chatted for several minutes, then I rejoined my friends and had a fun-filled evening.

The next morning, I mentioned seeing her husband at the gym, and my coworker said he hadn't recognized me! He said my voice was familiar but my looks weren't. He said it took him a few moments to realize who I was. I couldn't believe it!

Do I really look that different?

Logically, I know I must - I've lost 134 lbs to-date - how could I look the same? I definitely feel different. I have more energy and feel lighter. And yet, when I look in the mirror, I don't think I look so different that someone who knows me fairly well (like my coworker's husband) wouldn't recognize me.

I mean, I'm glad that I look different...that's one of the goals I had hoped to achieve with the band. It's just funny to me that people tell me I look so different and I think I look the same. I guess my brain just needs time to catch up with my changing body. *grin*

9 comments:

Cassie said...

That's kind of funny to me too. Because to me you look like you, just skinnier.

Booklogged said...

I think you look the same to you because you see yourself every single day. It had been quite awhile since I had seen you before a couple of weeks ago and I thought you look very different. You're face has changed a lot. Your voice and eyes remind me that you are Julie. You are looking great!

Melissa said...

I can see the changes in your face also. You look GREAT and I still see you, no matter what you weigh!

Mellissa said...

You look great, and there are more changes in your face than I think you realize.

Framed said...

How would I know? I haven't seen you since before this whole process started. So when are you going to visit?

Cardine said...

I think you smile more often, which is weird because you smiled a lot before. Or maybe you just smile bigger. I don't know... it's just a twinkle in your eyes or something.

Anonymous said...

Did you elope without telling anyone? ;)

julie said...

Maybe I eloped without even telling me! That would be awesome. Well...if I liked the guy with whom I eloped. :)

tearese said...

the pictures I've seen of you- the most recent is the USU game with Sarah- you look like you looked in HS.