Friday, April 3, 2009

Virtual Route #5

Are you ready to see where I am on my virtual trip to New York City? ( Hint: if not, now's the time to go to another site.)


















As always, to get a better view of the route, just click on the picture. This picture is of the most recent leg of my trip. I recently drove this road (December) and remember thinking how pretty it was. In this virtual trip, I'm almost to the point where it started to snow and became really slippery (Glenwood Springs). While towing a 40ft trailer, "snow" and "slippery" combined with "mountain pass" are not fun words.

Stats:
Start date of this leg: 3.16.09
# of days traveled: 14
# of lazy days: 4
Miles traveled: 78.9
Hours traveled: 10.3
Calories burned: 3463
Miles 'til NYC: 1936.8

This segment had the most diverse activities of any other segment; I walked, biked, hiked, and swam! This sort of accounts for the lower miles traveled (along with the 4 missed days!) and definitely accounts for the most calories I've ever burned in one segment! Plus, I've been trying to push myself on the bike - going longer or at a harder level - and that has really increased how many calories I burn in one workout. I'm also really excited to get below 2000 miles 'til reaching my destination.

Now, because I want to and because I can, here's a picture of the whole route so far:


















I wonder if I can make it to Denver next time? It's something to shoot for!

No comments: