Monday, March 9, 2009

61 Pounds Lighter!

I have lost 61 lbs! Woohoo!

I actually hit 61 lbs last Thursday but didn't count it because the day before had been the hellish Red zone day and I'd abnormally lost 5 lbs. I left for Wyoming Thursday night and haven't had a chance to weigh myself until this morning. Needless to say, I'm thrilled that I have reached that goal - even after being on the road all weekend!

As promised, I bought myself flowers this morning as a reward for losing another 10 lbs. Here's a picture of the bouquet I bought:

I really wanted a vase full of white daisies, but Albertson's only had mixed flowers. They're pretty, pleasantly fragrant, and certainly liven up my office. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE getting flowers? Even when I get them for myself, I love it! They are cheery and Spring-y. Tucked away in my little office, without a window, I can fool myself into thinking it's Spring and not threatening to snow outside.

Speaking of being on the road - a BIG thank you to everyone who suggested Go-gurts! I took a couple boxes with me - in a cooler - and they were perfect! I ate them for breakfasts, for snacks, and for desserts. I especially enjoy them frozen! Mmmm. My favorite was Strawberry Milkshake.

Speaking of rewards, I've decided what I'll do as a reward when I hit 75 lbs - I'm going blond! I can't remember how long it's been since I've been blond, a couple years at least. I'm planning on going back to my current hair color in the Fall because I really like it, but it'll be fun to have a change for a few months. Once I have it done, I'll post a picture, of course, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Mellissa said...

Congratulations on losing 61 pounds! That is a great accomplishment. You definitely deserve the flowers. I can't wait to see you blond.

Booklogged said...

Wow! I'm so thrilled for you, Julie. I enjoyed your picture of flowers on this gray day so I can just imagine what a lift the real things are. I'm anxious to see blonde.

Melissa said...

Good for you, that is really exciting news! We too love frozen go-gurts here at our house. I can't remember the last time you were blond, but then my memory fails me sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Congrats. :) And thanks for the heads up about the change in hair color. I'll be watching for it. (I'm just thinking about all those other times-even when we were roommates-that I had no idea when you changed your hair color! It's like it was just another part of your wardrobe.)

Cardine said...

Awesome job! Pretty flowers! Hooray for blonde!

Framed said...

Well, I heard blondes have more fun, so I will be waiting for a report. 61 pounds is awesome.