Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Official

I'm ready to go for surgery on December 23rd.

I paid today. In full. I wish I could say I didn't have to go into debt for this surgery, but I can't. I'm counting on it being worth going into debt for. AND, I'm hoping to have it paid off as quickly as I paid off my teeth.

I still don't know what time I'm having surgery; the hospital will call on the 22nd to tell me. My surgeon's nurse speculated that I'd be the first in since I've had it scheduled for a couple months. That could mean being at the hospital at 6:30am and going into surgery at 8am. We have to leave at least an hour before we need to be there (depending on the weather and roads and how OCD I'm feeling). My beloved mom is driving me down and bringing me home, bless her. They're putting me under, so I'll get some good sleep. If she manages to catch a few winks, it'll be on uncomfortable hospital chairs. Now that's love.

You know, I really am blessed to have parents who care about me so much. One is helping me pay for the surgery and the other is supporting me physically (I'm staying with her for a few days) and emotionally.

Thanks, Mom and Dad! I love you!

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Good luck with everything! We'll be thinking of and praying for all to go well for your surgery. Don't worry about being OCD - it happens to the best of us! ;)

Melissa said...

Good luck! What a GREAT mom to take you down and wait for you, what else would she be doing?! It will totally be worth going into debt for in the end, just keep that in mind. Love Ya and best of luck!