Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Me: November 2008

I'm not going to tell you how much I weigh yet. I'm too embarrassed. Maybe someday.

Every time I post a picture, I'll include any weight changes.

This first picture is special - it was done by a professional! Ooooo. I had to get it taken for work. I was super excited. (please note the excessive sarcasm) I had just cut about 5 inches off my hair and was unprepared to see how it looked in pictures (I hadn't figured out how to style it yet), so I opted for curls. I rarely do my hair this way, so I didn't have the I-can't-believe-I -look-like-that-everyday! reaction. So, it doesn't reflect how I usually look, but it accurately shows me at my current weight.

Enough chatter. Here I am:


Starting Weight: not telling
Current Weight: starting weight
Difference: 0 lbs

7 comments:

Mellissa said...

I don't think you're crazy for starting another blog. It was a great way for me to express what was going on with my specific goal. It was important to me, and I didn't want my thoughts about it mingled with the rest of my life. And, like you, I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in the mundane activities of me losing weight. But this is a huge thing, and I'm sure a lot of your friends and family will be interested in what is going on with your Lap-Band Surgery.

Booklogged said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

julie said...

Missy, thanks. Yeah, I worried that if I posted this kind of stuff on my regular blog, people would be bored to death. This way, they can choose to read about it. Thanks for your support - it means a lot! You're a really good friend.

Book, thanks. *blush*

Melissa said...

I think that it is a great idea. Like Missy said, you have a lot of friends and family that will want to keep updated on how you are doing. You are brave to share with all of us this important, life changing event. I love the picture, by the way. Your hair is way cute!

tearese said...

I think this second blog will help you to recognise the good things that happen, and will add support to you through your readers. Does that make sense? Good luck!

julie said...

Melissa, thanks! It was actually kind of fun to have curly hair and I may do it again - if I'd wake up early enough. Usually my hair takes me 15 minutes, curling it took 40. Thanks for your support, too!! I have such great friends!

Tearese, I include you in my above remark! I like what you said about being able to recognize the good things that happen - that was definitely one of my objectives!

warnser said...

I like the picture.

And Good Luck!