Saturday, October 3, 2009

Small Success #5

Do you remember me mentioning how frustrated I get with my clothes situation? I really hate the thought of spending money on clothes when I'm hopefully not going to be able to wear them for very long. However, lately I've become very unhappy with wearing clothes that don't fit me - that drown me. My pants barely stay up even with the help of a belt!

After some thought, today I went shopping. I gave myself a modest budget to spend on some new clothes. I ended up buying 2 pairs of jeans, a coat, a hoodie, 2 sweaters, and 3 nice shirts. A couple of the shirts are a little snug but wearable AND I'll be able to wear them even longer because of it. I was so excited about new jeans that fit, that as soon as I got to my dad's house after leaving the store, I immediately changed into them. What a difference!

Here's the great part: I bought some of the shirts in the normal clothes section! Not the plus size section! I don't know how long it has been since I've been able to do that. I started out in the plus size section out of habit. It wasn't until I was getting ready to go that I realized I could theoretically fit into clothes in the regular clothes section. I picked up a shirt, took it to the changing room, put it on, and it fit! I just stood in front of the mirror amazed and ever so pleased. I ended up getting a few shirts and the coat from this section.

I still smile about the whole thing - it definitely took the edge off of spending money on new clothes! *smile*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! That is definite success. Awesome.

Booklogged said...

What a good feeling. I hope you are totally basking and relishing in those good feelings.

Mellissa said...

That is awesome! You looked great when I saw you yesterday! Can we please stop seeing each other at Wal-Mart, and maybe try getting together on purpose sometime soon?

Framed said...

Isn't it great that things are cheaper in the Misses section also?

Melissa said...

What a GREAT feeling! It is always nice to spend a little on yourself, especially when you are accomplishing great weight lose.

Cassie said...

That's so awesome! I can't wait to see your new clothes. I'm sure you are looking fabulous!

tearese said...

thats awesome! I always look forward to getting back into regular clothes a few months after I have a baby. Love that feeling!